SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- when your Personal Information is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates (together, “Affiliates”), when they provide us with your Personal Information.
- Third parties, when they provide us with your Personal Information (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Information with us may include:
- Service Providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with our Services, or third parties may help us provide you with order fulfillment or customer support.
- Social Media Networks connected to our Services. If you provide your social media network account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to our Services through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted to us.
- We may also combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our business partners and other third parties (“Combined Information”).
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
You may visit our Website without providing any Personal Information, although we will collect certain analytics information discussed below.
- Personal Identifiers. If you contact us to obtain information about our products or services, we may collect your name, email address and phone number along with other information you may choose to submit. If you use certain of our Services, we may also collect your age, date of birth, sex, and postal address.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our, we may collect your telephone number, postal address, email address, payment type, bank account number, credit or debit card number, verification number and expiration date. Your bank account number and credit and debit card numbers are managed by our payment processor partners; we do not handle or store this data.
- Information you Submit or Post. We will collect the information you submit to us about yourself and about others, including but not limited to any information submitted to us through ratings and reviews, our chat feature or through other uses of our Services.
- Commercial Information. We may collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Device Information. We may collect and/or use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our Website, including IP address, unique personal identifiers, device ID, device type, browser and operating system type and mobile ad identifiers.
- Location Information and Internet or other Network Activity Information. We also may use third-party website analytics tools, including cookies, web beacons and pixels, that collect information about visitor traffic on our Website. The types of automated information we may obtain using these tools include but are not limited to (i) search terms used to connect to our Website and search within our Website; (ii) dates and times of visits; (iii) page views and site navigation patterns; (iv) geolocation data; (v) links and URLs that refer visitors to our Website and (vi) other information regarding your interaction with our Website.
- Customer Service Information. We collect the communications that we exchange with you through online forms, by email, over the phone or by post, and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with our customer service team.
- Inferences. Based on the Personal Information described above, we may make certain inferences regarding your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
USING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Where the use of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
We may use Combined Information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes and for other purposes described in this section.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We also reserve the right to transfer Personal Information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your Personal Information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Occasionally, we provide our postal mailing list (consisting of customer names and postal addresses) to other companies for purposes of marketing our Website or other Politecnico USA products or services that may be of interest to you. In order to determine the information that may be of interest to you, the information that you give us and information about your order may be combined with other Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources.
We also use non-personally identifiable information so that we can improve our products and services and for business, educational and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties as listed above for any purpose anonymized data that contains no personally identifiable information.
INFORMATION SHARING OPTIONS
We offer you certain choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Withdrawing your consent to use your Personal Information may mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or Website features.
- Marketing Communications. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by updating your preferences in your account settings. You may change your email address for receipt of such communications by going to your account settings.
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Website’s features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
- Do Not Track. We use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser which allows us to exclude you from any analytics that collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites.
- Third Party Data Collection. We permit limited third parties to place cookies through our Website to provide us with better insights into the use of our Website or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when that consumer uses our Website.
- House O Nutz’s Vendor Marketplace Services You may choose not to provide certain Personal Information as Vendor Network Data, but you agree and acknowledge that may restrict your ability to participate in our matching or networking services or otherwise affect and limit the relevance of the Vendors, couples or other users that you might be able to connect with through use of our Services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The following details the categories of Personal Information that we collect and have collected over the past twelve (12) months: Personal Identifiers, including age and date of birth; customer records identified by state law (including the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)); Demographic Information and Protected Classification Characteristics, including protected classification characteristics under state or federal law; Information you Submitted or Posted; Commercial Information; Device Information; Location Information and Internet or Other Network Activity Information, including Geolocation Data; Customer Service Information; and Inferences.
Based on our understanding of the term “sell” under the CCPA, we do not sell your Personal Information.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. We will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with each category of third-party recipient.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, complete a transaction or other action you have requested, detect and protect against security incidents or other illegal activities, or to comply with our legal obligations. If your deletion request is subject to one of the exceptions under the CCPA, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (i) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Information, including by verifying the email address associated with the request, and (ii) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Information provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need a Politecnico USA account to submit a Valid Request. Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”) may submit a Valid Request. If an Authorized Agent submits a Valid Request on your behalf, we may require written proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from your Authorized Agent.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You or your Authorized Agent may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
- Call us at: 7866173097
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may have different tiers of Services as allowed by applicable data protection laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates, attributes or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Information that we receive from you.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell your Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information (as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A).
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
For individuals within European Economic Area only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (i) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (ii) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (iii) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by us for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (iv) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (v) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at email@example.com
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Information is submitted through our Website, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States, where laws regarding data protection may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using our Website and by providing any Personal Information through our Website, all users, including without limitation users in the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such Personal Information in the United States.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your Personal Information while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you our services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of House O Nutz, making data-driven business decisions, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. If you request, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Information so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain Personal Information, including (without limitation) situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary Personal Information until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the Personal Information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary Personal Information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our Website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and postal address so only we or our payment processors, as applicable, are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you do so at your own risk.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONTROLS
We do not solicit or knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use our Website. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 9th, 2020